Main content starts

Childcare while you study

Help with the costs of PDF childcare while you study is available from a range of sources. 

If you're under 20

  • If you are under 20 at the start of your course, Care to Learn can help pay for childcare costs while you study.  The payments go direct to the childcare provider which could be a childminder, pre-school playgroup, day nursery or out of school club.

If you're studying full time and need childcare

  •  If you're studying full-time in higher education you can apply for a Childcare Grant to help with childcare costs of children under 15 (17 if they have special educational needs). You can get up to £148.75 a week for 1 child and up to £255 for 2 or more children.

Childcare providers

Mumsnet has advice about families and childcare. In addition, look at your local authority websites:

Pre-school childcare and early years in East Sussex

Childcare in West Sussex




No need to print yet! Click here to go to your personal planning pack and save paper

Can't find what you're looking for? Want to comment on our website? Email us

Ask a question